Fall is here. Time to break out the sweaters & layers! It’s my absolute favorite time of year and this is a staple of my fall treats. As soon as Autumn hits, it’s PUMPKIN TIME!!! I LOVE just about pumpkin anything, but especially pumpkin bread. My mom made it a lot growing up, so there’s a bit of nostalgia whipped up in there, as well, it’s good at breakfast, lunch, & dinner…so really, whats not to love?!
This recipe makes two good sized loaves.
YOU WILL NEED:
– 2 well greased 9×5 loaf pans
– 3 1/2 cups flour
– 2 tsp. baking soda
– 1 1/2 tsp. salt
– 2 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 tsp. nutmeg
– a pinch of ginger
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 cup dark brown sugar
– 4 eggs, beaten
– 2 cups of fresh pumpkin (or 15oz canned)
– 2/3 cups water – if using canned
– 1/2 cup water is fresh or frozen
– 1 cup oil
– 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
LET’S MAKE THIS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine; flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar
3. Add eggs, water, oil, and pumpkin
4. Mix until blended
5. Add nuts, if you are using them. Mix well
6. Pour into the two loaf pans
7. Bake for one hour
8. Stick a toothpick in & if it comes out of the bread clean, it’s ready!
9. Let cool for about 10-15mins
You can wrap & refrigerate or freeze, or do what I did, just dig in w a mug of hot cider!