I’ve been on a no-sugar kick, I mean, it is summer after all, so I was delighted when I ran across this recipe online. I have also been trying to use more coconut oil in my recipes, since, as you know from previous posts, I am obsessed w the all mighty coconut! Well, these Almond & Oat Jam Cookies did NOT disappoint! The audience can attest, as they were gone. They were also v easy to make & a perfect, light, summer treat….so try ’em out if you can!
-1 1/2 C oatmeal
-1 C almond meal
-1 C spelt flour (I subbed whole wheat flour bc my store didn’t have spelt)
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 C coconut oil, melted
-2/3 C maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-good quality jam (I used apricot)
1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, meals, & baking powder
3. In a medium bowl, combine the liquid ingredients & mix well
4. Add liquid ingredients to the large bowl & combine all ingredients well
5. Roll mixture into balls & placed on a lined baking tray.
6. Using palm, slightly flatten
the balls & make an indent in the center of each biscuit.
7. Add 1 tsp of jam in indent
8. Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown
9. Let the biscuits cool for 5-10mins before transferring to cooling rack