Well, we are moving into the 3rd month of the year and one of my goals for 2015 was to experiment with some healthier treats. I am happy to say I have found an absolute WINNER in the world of chocolate chip cookies. In fact, I can honestly say, I think I prefer these cookies to the traditional ones. And to top it off, they are SO easy to make. Happiness all around! Here we go….
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 1/2 cups cashew butter (**see notes**)
- 1/4 cup + 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or vanilla extract (i used vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a food processor, combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips.
3. Pulse until everything is mixed.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop cookies onto a lined baking sheet w a spoon.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
8. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer.
**You can get cashew butter at most health food stores (Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods)**
Grab yourself a glass of coconut milk & ENJOY!!!