MizStefani’s House is on hiatus, but I have still been busy in the kitchen! Since finding found out I am celiac (I have celiac??) 6 months ago, I have been concentrating on finding delicious gluten free items to make. Well, I stumbled across these raw snicker bars on Instagram (Livia’s Kitchen) & have wanted to make them for months. Yesterday, I finally did. I can guarantee you, they will not last long in my house! (PS – I converted this from the UK recipe, so sorry it’s a bit elaborate. Here’s the original recipe, Raw Snickers)
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 C & 1 TBS ground gf rolled oats
- 1/2 C & 1 TBS ground almonds
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 1/2 C dates
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 C + 1/8 C + 2 tsp peanut butter (i used Trader Joe’s Raw Almond Butter w no salt)
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 3 TBS peanuts (Toasted preferably or raw)
- 1 TBS water (if needed)
- 1/4 C + 1/8 C + 1 TBS coconut oil
- 4 TBS cacao Powder
- 2 tsp vanilla Powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 TBS maple syrup
Pull out a square dish or pan (8×8)
- Put oats in a food processor & grind to a flour like consistency.
- Add all the other ingredients & pulse until it comes together when you pinch it in your hand. If it is still too crumbly to hold together, add 1/2 – 1 tablespoons of water.
- Press into your dish or pan & place in the freezer while you make the caramel peanut butter filling.
- Blend the dates until they form a paste & then add the; salt, peanut butter, vanilla powder, & coconut oil, blend until a smooth caramel forms.
- Add peanuts in & pulse a few times so that they are combined with the caramel mixture.
- Spread onto the base and then return it to the freezer.
Raw Chocolate Topping
- Melt the coconut oil then add the rest of the chocolate ingredients & stir until it is nice & smooth
- Pour onto the other two layers & leave to set in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before slicing to prevent it from cracking
Let these melt in your mouth while you are in ecstasy! Next up for me to try will be the salted caramel ones! Enjoy!